Support the Home Ownership Center at HHQ Today!
The Home Ownership Center, an affiliate of Home HeadQuarters, provides low- and moderate-income families with a one-stop home ownership experience.
Our services include:
- Home Ownership Education & Counseling
- Foreclosure Prevention Education & Counseling
- Financial Capabilities Education & Counseling
Every year, the Home Ownership Center at HHQ ranks in the top 25 for helping families become first-time home buyers amongst the almost 240 NeighborWorks America organizations located throughout the United States. Approximately 650 people attend our Homebuyer Orientation with more than 450 going on the graduate from our 8-hour Homebuyer Education Course and 160 successfully become first-time homebuyers. Our foreclosure prevention specialists work with more than 200 at-risk homeowners to provide more than 400 counseling sessions, successfully preserving 30 homes and assisting more than 50 homeowners secure a safe reverse mortgage.
According to a recent presentation facilitated by Doug Dylla for the NYS Coalition for Excellence in Homeownership Education, the value of homebuyer education and counseling has recently been documented in several empirical studies that have substantiated the significant impact of investing upfront in homebuyer preparation as it has been found to:
- Reduce loan delinquencies in first-time homebuyers by 29%
- Improve buyers financial health which results in significantly increased credit scores and/or improved overall credit health
- Facilitate more efficient transactions with buyers being better able to measure their ability to pay and selecting better loan products
- Increase mortgage sustainability of counseled borrowers who are then 67% more likely to remain current on their mortgages
How Can You Give?
Donate by Mail or Phone
To donate by mail, please mail your check to:
Home Ownership Center at Home HeadQuarters
990 James Street, Ste. 100
Syracuse, NY 13203